The way people shop, and the metrics of customer expectations, have made a drastic change from 2021 to 2022, according to Search Engine Journal.
A brand new report from Google communicates data on how customer expectations are changing, and what customers are looking for from businesses in 2022.
For example, trends indicate that customers are looking for new experiences from businesses, such as the ability to bring their pet out for dinner.
Here are some of the searches that are rising:
- “Late night shopping”: Up 100% year over year.
- “24/7 customer service”: Up 500% year over year.
- “Dog friendly restaurants”: Up 100% year over year.
- “Next day flower delivery”: Up 800% year over year.
And as the world continues to navigate the pandemic, and a return to normalcy in some form or fashion, these searches are on the rise:
- “Cinema near me”: Up 300% year over year.
- “Seating chart”: Up 600% year over year.
- “Spring break”: Up 100% year over year.
- “Unique things to do in”: Up 100% year over year.
Speaking of the pandemic, these “pandemic-related trends” (as defined by Google) are still sticking:
- “Makeup game”: up 700% year over year.
- “Best movies to stream right now”: Up 300% year over year.
- “Nursery plants near me”: Up 100% year over year.
- “Hair trends female”: Up 800% year over year.
Businesses will have to ensure that their SEO and internet marketing strategies align with the latest trends, from restaurants to ecommerce businesses to medical practices as well. Tighten up Medical SEO and other niche specific marketing to maximize your search potential.